Wednesday 13 May 2009

Moldova and Albania


MOLDOVA -
A performance with loads of energy, and no props! Nelly is confident and the backing dancers are great. It's a real 'ethnic' entry, full of fun. We're pretty certain this will qualify.



ALBANIA -
A great song, but we really aren't keen on the stage act. Kejsi sounds good, but the man in a sequined lycra mask is just bizarre, and quite frightening, as are the other 2 dancers who wear make-up like The Joker from Batman. For us this was a definite qualifier, and we still think it could do, but inspite of the performance, and not because of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my god what have albania done! what a disaster..i thought this a a sure qualifier..not now!

Anonymous said...

I actually think they're in trouble.The green spaceman looks bizarre and seriously distracts from the song....if they can qualify with such a hideous looking act,we can throw our hat at Eurovision this year.

Anonymous said...

Oh, c´mon: it is still about the song and singer´s hability to deliver it, correct? She is one t´fo the best singers in ESC this year, her choreography is fine, her song is catchy, so please don´t be so dramatic about the green man! On the other hand I could be completely wrong, so I´ll rephrase myself:
it is still about the song and singer´s ability to deliver it, correct? Wrong! Shouty semi-naked Hadise proved me wrong two nights ago. Pathetic Sakis-look-at-my-underwear-I´m-meant-to-make-one-feels-horny may prove me wrong tonight as well. It´s not about singing, it´s about something else I can not describe. Most of all, it´s about looking for excuses to tick off the only ones who are able to sing. Good luck to Kejsi and Albania.