Sunday 30 May 2010

Glückwünsche, Deutschland!

Well done Lena and Well done Germany. We are delighted that a modern song with no gimmicks has won the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest. Lena Meer-Landrut has won with the song Satellite. Still can't quite believe it. We were fearing a win from either Armenia or Azerbaijan (one of the most promoted songs this year!) but in the end, the voters - and juries - of Europe decided to reward vocal ability and pick a very good song.

We are also delighted that Belgium and Romania did so well but feel sorry for Ireland.
So it's Germany 2011 - bring it on!......after a long rest!

Thank you to all our site visitors (more than ever before), we hope you enjoyed Oslo 2010 as much as we did. Stay with Eurovision Express throughout the year for all the latest on the best music competition in the world!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Eurovision...upset me a bit this year... I think politics were *very* influential this year... everyone wanted to please Germany...which of course is the only one who could afford paying for next year's eurovision...I'm not saying it was a bad song! Just...not a winning song :/
And all the vote-fiddle between the states of former Yugoslavia/Soviet Union/Greece-Cyprus... Still, Israel not giving *any* points to Germany made my day xD (or did they? Certainly not the 8/10/12 like other countries)
Well, that's my opinion I guess

Anonymous said...

agree with you except for the "vocal ability" bit. Great song, dreatful "singer"

dadrienne said...

I enjoyed Lena & was pleased with a German win. I wonder if it will be in Berlin-awesome city to host ESC and I'm guessing they weren't involved last time as the last German win was pre-unification!!

Sarah, I don't think you can say everyone was trying to please Germany as they are the only one's that can pay for it- They've only won it once before (since 1958!!) - if anything, people tend not to vote for them at all!! I believe Europe was charmed by Lena, just like they were last year with Alexander. Wonderbar!

Thoroughly enjoyed your blog this year, as always. Thank you for the updates

Unknown said...

I don't see much vocal ability and I think that Lena's star will quickly fade. There's even talk here in Germany that she may want to defend her title herself in her hometown (Hannover). Perish the thought!

But I do agree with rest of what you say. In spite of my personal grievances, this is a good result for Eurovision.

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Please visit mine: http://eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Great work, lads!
Heatherscot.